Wednesday 28 March 2012

My First Post

Hi everyone, this is my very first post on my very first blog. For those of you who don’t know me (which is probably about 7 billion people), I have a website called http://iFaru.com and an eBay shop on which I sell, perfumes, oil based fragrances and incense products.

Having sold perfumes for the last 4 years, manufactured mainly by other people, I have decided to add a new line to my inventory that is my own creation - handmade cold process soaps with essential oils and alcohol-free fragrance oils. I have been developing and improving my soaps for over a year and have received some very encouraging feedback from family, friends and existing perfume customers who have tried them. I also plan to add bath fizz, creamers and bath milk to the line soon after the soaps. I have a very ‘personal’ feeling about this as everything is made from scratch by me with pure ingredients. So, I am very excited to introduce this line.

Those who have tried handmade soap don’t usually go back to using soap produced by machines with harmful chemicals. I am very passionate about making soaps and bath products because it allows me to be creative and love thinking of new ideas and making new fragrance blends and colours to put in my soaps. I know exactly what I’m putting into each bar of soap and find it very satisfying to know that being free of chemicals and preservatives they are very good for the skin (and for the soul as there is a lot of love and care that goes into making handmade soap). I love bathing my children with them as I love feeding them the food I cook.

I have already made quite a few soaps with ingredients like goat milk, oatmeal, figs etc. I am now waiting for my first commercial batch of soaps to cure and testing some new fragrance blends. Everything I sell will be certified by an authorised health and safety agency.  Hopefully they will soon be ready and available on my website www.ifaru.com. I will soon be uploading photos of them and would love to hear what you have to say about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment